Monday, May 28, 2012

Hobby into Business

I want to turn my Hobby into a Business, My only hangup would be the money to get the building and supplies. I have the knowledge, and business experience, and I want to open a Tropical fish store. Tropical fish have been a hobby of mine for almost 50 years now and now that I'm retired with nothing to do I would like to start a small business and teach others the fine art of keeping and raising. Tropical Fish.
I believe I would be good at it because I have a lot of experience in the Business Arena and a lot of experience in the keeping, raising, breeding and all around care of Tropical fish, and other animals, personally I have successfully bred and raised a large variety of Tropical Fish which I believe is the key to a successful
Tropical Fish Store, If you can raise and sell your own products you can make more profits and be more successful.
I have enough experience on the internet and computer to do my own Flyers and business cards, also will be able to advertize on line and also sell online overstocked fish. A great example would be raising and selling a popular fish the Oscar a mated pair can produce more than 2500 fry per year and the babies at 3 Months old can sell for more than $2.00 each in the store and $1.00 each on the net to other fish stores throughout the world. If the store sells 10% at a avg of $2.00 thats $500 per year plus the other 90% can be sold on the internet for $1.00 each or $2,250.00 so a mated pair of oscars will net you a bare minimum of $2,750 per year and thats just the Oscars. and the bigger they are the higher the price. Now take into consideration all the other fish that can be mated and raised for hardly any money at all and you will quickly see why tropical fish can bring in huge profits if you can raise your own to sell  Some are easy to raise and others are hard  here a list of the ones I have mated and raised to adult fish. Oscars, Jack Dempseys, Mollies, Guppys, Tetras, Angels, Bettas, Gouramis, Convicts, and several others.
What I need to start my business would be first and last month rent at 1500 per month or $3000 the electric to get cut on will run about $400 a month the water about $60  and miscellaneous charges around $150  to buy all the supplise to get started will run about $6000. I believe I can open the Doors for less than $10000.00 and make a profit each and every month.
To promote the opening of the store for a month i need 30 - 10gal tanks about $8 each for giveaway the tanks are bare with nothing else.limit one per household and with purchase of $20 or more. most people who want a tank will spend and avg of $50 or more on supplies and fish to put in the tank. they need filters, thermometer, gravel, plants, fish, tops(light), and of coarse fish food. they will be back for more food, fish light bulbs, slate, water conditioner, and information. some will give it up but others like me will buy more and more trying to learn the hobby. and thats how I intend to turn my hobby into business. any investers out there can contact Mr. Davis at davisrld123046@aol.com  and if you want to see more of my fish go to http://www.ronjohnsite.com/

If you have a cat and can't afford a cat tree build your own click hereBanner #2

Cell Phone Resale

No comments:

Post a Comment